Reporting to the Base Maintenance Manager and liaising with Deputy Base Maintenance Manager, the Hangar Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of aviation maintenance support duties such as:
- Shop Floor Cleanliness and General tidiness
- Performing light building maintenance in aircraft hangar and maintenance shop, including sweeping and mopping floors, changing light bulbs, moving equipment and furniture and disposing of industrial waste materials as directed
- Collection / Drop off of deliveries from the Airport Terminal and Main Gate
- Facility window cleaning (Ground level)
- As and when required collect or deliver parts from offsite
- Company Vehicle minor inspection and cleanliness; checking fluid levels, tyre pressure and lights
- Escorting of contractors
- Ensure all work is undertaken in a manner that complies with all Health and Safety regulations
- Other reasonable duties as requested by the Base Maintenance Manager
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be reliable, have good communication and teamwork skills, be able to lift and shift reasonable loads, have the ability to work independently with a strong focus on safety and quality â€“ Previous Experience in an Aviation Maintenance Environment an advantage
Hours: 35 Hours per week – Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30 with 1 Hour for lunch
Salary: £15,925 – £18,500 DOE
Company Benefits include: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance.
Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.