/ Position: Commercial Assistant
/ Location: Oxford
/ Salary: £26,000 – £29,000 dependent on experience
/ The Role:
This is predominately an Oxford based position, but may include occasional support at other group sites. The role provides day to day liaison with our customers and in conjunction with the Base Maintenance Manager and Deputy Base Maintenance Manager, is responsible for:
- Generation of Estimates and Contract Change Orders coincident with monitoring hours and costs
- Contacting and liaising with the administrators of various aircraft/engine and APU support programmes and arranging work orders to cover costs against these programs
- Review and adjust draft invoices for services provided, ensuring all costs are captured through liaison with Purchasing Department, enabling accurate invoices to be raised and generated.
Commercial Manager – Oxford
Following agreed commercial processes and procedures and with close day to day liaison with the Base Maintenance Manager and / or the Deputy Base Maintenance Manager – Oxford
Receiving all customer requests for work
Generating Estimates through liaison with the Purchasing Department to ensure costs for shipping and services are agreed.
Internal approval of estimates prior to transmission and liaison with the customer to secure agreement.
Ensure invoices raised are passed to the Commercial Finance Department to generate final invoice from information provided.
Prompt generation of Contract Change Orders as required for each Work Order. Transmission and liaison with Customers to secure soonest agreement, in order to prevent disruption to works in progress.
Generate and utilise menu pricing for aircraft tasks and for individual Customers with bespoke terms of business.
Generation and upkeep of reports and registers of progress, relating to the commercial process as required
Accurate and methodical maintaining of commercial records including emails and computerised files.
Liaise with Base Maintenance Manager and/or his deputy at regular planning meetings for the organisation of all future work and scheduling.
Monitoring the commercial process and making recommendations to the Commercial Manager of potential changes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial process.
Highlight and action any warranty coverage and aircraft programme coverage, both prior to and during maintenance inputs.
Assist with the production of Maintenance Agreements for third party maintenance
Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the position.
/ The Person:
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills gained from dealing with customers on a regular basis.
- Solid experience of generating estimates and an understanding of the billing and invoicing process from an aviation, engineering or commercial environment is a must.
- Experience of the Bombardier business aircraft product range is a distinct advantage
- Ability to use MS word/Excel is essential, additional training will be provided on our in-house systems.
- Base: London Oxford Airport (with occasional visits to other group sites as required).
Hours: Working hours will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 08.00am and 5.00pm.
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000
This is a permanent full time-time position, offering a competitive salary and full company benefits, which include: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme. 28 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays).