Gama Aviation Armed Forces Covenant Pledge is approved
Gama Aviation are pleased to announce confirmation of their ongoing commitment to the Armed Forces through the formal registration of our Armed Forces Covenant Pledge with the UK government.
With a proportion of our employee base having served in the Armed Forces, veterans play a crucial role in the delivery of many aspects of our business particularly within the Special Mission team.
Mark Smith, Managing Director, Special Mission commented: “For decades we have informally supported the Armed Forces across a variety of activities not least with the transition from military life to civilian workplace. Those that have joined us have bought knowledge, insight, discipline and planning that these colleagues bring to each team they work within, regardless of their seniority. As we develop our Special Mission offer, we’ll look to strengthen those ties and I feel it is important that we formalise our commitment through the Armed Forces Covenant.”
Following the formal approval of the pledge, Gama Aviation will continue to:
- Promote the Armed Forces: promote the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: support the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers;
- Reserves: support our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations arid deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists;
- Cadet Organisations: support our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- National Events: support Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
- Armed Forces Charities: support Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist;
For more information on currently careers to which SQEP Armed Forces personnel may apply, please click here