/ Position: Unlicensed Sheet Metal/Mechanic
/ Location: Farnborough Airport (with occasional UK and overseas visits as required)
/ Salary: £25,000 – £32,000pa Dependent on capability and experience
The sheet metal/mechanic â€“ Farnborough is an unlicensed position primarily supporting the inspection and rectification of aircraft structure, with additional support as a general mechanic when not actively working on structures. Preference will be given to those applicants with demonstrable experience in sheet metal aircraft repairs and knowledge of techniques, fasteners and use of engineering drawings (repairs, modifications):
The sheet metal/mechanic must also be prepared to work flexibly as part of a team, not only locally at Farnborough, but as an integral part of the Gama Engineering Group.
To comply with company contractual obligations, it will be necessary for any successful applicant to pass a base level security check.
/ The Role:
Main Responsibilities include:
- Carry out scheduled Base and Line maintenance activities at the Farnborough Base completing inspections and structural repairs to a high standard and in compliance with part 145 regulations
- Working as a member of the unlicensed engineer team supporting all maintenance activity.
- AOG activities at the Farnborough Base
- AOG activities as required away from the Farnborough Base
- Travel to, and work at, other GAEL bases for short periods of time as required
- Compliance with GAEL Maintenance Organisation Exposition and published processes and procedures
- Ensuring that Health and Safety procedures, processes and COSHH are observed at all times.
- Ensuring that their day to day housekeeping is kept to a high standard
- Comply with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional additional hours to meet the needs of the business.
Primary Facilities: Farnborough Airport (with occasional UK and overseas visits as required)
Company Benefits include: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance. Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to us stating the particular position you are interested in: [email protected]