/ Position: Stores Assistant
/ Location: Oxford
/ Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 per annum – Dependent on experience
- We have an opening for a Stores Assistant working within a busy engineering environment / aircraft engine workshop.
- Under the direction of the Stores Supervisor you will be responsible for the day to day flow of parts to the engineering facility with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor the Stores Assistant shall be responsible for controlling the supply of parts to the part 145 organisation and the associated engineering teams.
- The Stores Assistant will conduct themselves in professional manner responding to the business requirements in an efficient method.
- In addition the Stores Assistant will be required to undertake general stores work to aid with workload peaks and occasionally deputising for the Stores Supervisor.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Hands on approach to counter service and part issue.
- Receiving of freight as and when required.
- Issuing of stock and parts physically to meet the needs of the engineering work force and the subsequent recording of all part transactions at the time they occur using the companies Envision system to ensure quality processes are meet.
- Completion of the receipts / goods in, in accordance with aircraft regulations in a timely manner and ensuring the storage and distribution of all parts meet the expectations of the 145 establishment, quality and the needs of the engineering workforce.
- Chasing of core returns from the maintenance hangar and processing them back to the appropriate vendors.
- Aiding the Supply Chain department where it is most needed.
- Conducting Daily, Weekly and Monthly checks as requested / required.
- Other duties as required by Stores Supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
- Aviation Stores experience an advantage
- An understanding of good warehousing practice as well as experience
- Computer literate and have the ability to grasp new process and procedures
- Ability to follow instructions efficiently and accurately
- Driving license a necessity and a willingness to use or already have forklift license
- Ability to use excel in a basic way, entering information and sending out information
- Flexibility in supporting the business
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000
Company Benefits include: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance. Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
To apply for this position please EMAIL your current CV to us stating the particular position you are interested in.