/ Position: Senior Avionics Design Engineer
/ Location: Fairoaks Airport, UK
/ Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (dependent on experience)
/ Job Information:
Working with the Head of Design you will be key in improving company design procedures, resolving issues resulting from EASA audits of the design department and improving the scope of the design department, so as to increase the company’s design capability and productivity. You will also be required to represent the company at meetings with customers and/or aviation authorities. The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the preparation of various aspects of avionics/electrical related design and certification data.
Full scope of design, certification and project management activities as determined by your level of experience and qualifications; all activities will be agreed and approved by the Head of Systems. These activities will include:
- Preparation of design documents
- Preparation of design drawings
- Liaison with customers to address design requirements/delivery dates/queries
- Checking drawings and/or documents
- Maintaining an awareness of current aeronautical practices/issues
- Continued professional development: attending training courses, seminars, etc.
- Ensuring that all design procedures are adhered to
- Assisting with customer quotations where requested
- Adhering to project timescales/time management of own projects/cost tracking
- Participating with EASA audits
- Developing internal procedures and processes
- On-site aircraft surveys
- Approval of external testing facilities
- Peer group training, e.g. mentoring new staff, developing existing staff knowledge
- Liaison with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or tasked National Aviation Authority (NAA)
- Addressing in-service difficulty reports/design queries after completion of a design
- Providing on-site assistance to aircraft maintenance staff
- Avionics/electrical design and documentation, including but not limited to:
- Specifying items of equipment being installed
- Plug/socket connector identification
- Equipment Software Management
- Environmental testing requirements
- Gauge and specification of wires and cables to be used
- Specifying power bus to be used for the installed equipment
- Specifying parts lists
- General arrangement of instrument panels
- Electrical load analysis
- Reviewing equipment approvals, e.g. TSO, ETSO
- EMC/ HIRF testing/ documentation
- Weight and balance schedule amendment instructions
- Air test/post flight evaluation requirements
/ The Person:
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience of working within an EASA Design Organisation Environment
- Experience within an UK MAA DAOS Organisation Environment
- A minimum of 10 years working within a Design Office environment producing drawings and reports
- Must have potential for CVE
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 dependent on experience.
Company Benefits include: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme.
To apply for this position, please EMAIL your current CV to us stating the particular position you are interested in.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. However, please note that due to the nature of our work and our location, on occasion we are unable to accept applications from candidates who do not have the right to live and work in the European Union or who cannot provide a Basic Scotland Disclosure.
We do not accept applications or speculative approaches from agencies.