/ Position: Rostering Officer
/ Location: Farnborough
/ Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 – Salary commensurate with experience
The Rostering Officer is in direct liaison with the Chief Pilot and Post Holder Ground Operations on all crew rostering matters and is fully conversant with the terms and conditions of the Company’s Air Operator’s Certificate.
/ Overall role purpose:
To legally and successfully crew all flights in the most efficient and safe way, whilst ensuring effective crewing within the limits of the resources available and maximising ever changing operational scenarios.
/ Scope of Role:
- Maintains Crew Schedule for all Gama Aviation Pilots
- Collects and accurately stores flight crew information for reports to management
- To react to crewing issues as they arise in liaison with Account Manager & Operations.
/ Specific role context:
The Rostering Officer plans and executes the flight crew requirements for all flights and ensures that this is done in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety requirements. This role combines the need for pilot training with the normal operational schedule and interfaces with the training department.
/ Main duties and responsibilities:
Main Responsibilities of Position:
- Preparation and distribution of crew rosters in accordance with company and Flight Time Limitations (FTL).Â
- Ensure the efficient and cost effective scheduling of crews.
- Ensure that rosters are prepared in accordance with FTL regulations and variations as approved by the regulatory authority.
- Assign scheduled and standby duties in accordance with the company flight and duty limitations.
- Ensure that flight crew members are certified, qualified and meet currency requirements in order to carry out any duty assigned to them in coordination with the Training Department.
- Communicate crew roster information to all flight crews in a timely manner.
- Implement changes to the rosters as directed by the DFO or Post Holder Ground Operations.Â
- Liaison with Travel Department, regarding the arrangement of crew travel and hotel accommodation as necessary.
- Coordination with DFO, Chief Pilot, Fleet Managers, Crew Training Department and Account Managers for the rostering of ground, aircraft or simulator training and checks.
- Resolution of crew scheduling / rostering problems as and when they arise.
- Managing flight crew leave allocation around the requirements of the operation.
- Assisting Payroll with ad hoc crew pay changes/issues.
- Provide information concerning crew usage to management as and when required to do so.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the operational needs of the business.
/ The Person:
- Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
- The Rostering Officer requires basic knowledge of the Aviation industry as a whole and will need to be able to understand the Company FTL Scheme, EASA training and licencing requirements and crew Visa requirements/applications.
- Must be well organised and focused on achieving results, to ensure effective organisation of schedules and long-term targets.
- You will be able to work under pressure and in time constraints, remaining composed and calm.
- You will be an excellent communicator, understanding the needs of others and answering any queries efficiently.
- approachability; performance management
- problem-solving; strong positive communication skills (verbal and written)
- project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
- professionalism, flexibility, initiative and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance and HR is a distinct advantage
/ Hours: Full-time 40 hour week, Monday to Friday (between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm – some flexibility on start/finish times)
/ Benefits: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance.