Whether its providing intelligence platforms, re-equipping aircraft, updating avionics or extending the life of a type, we offer a holistic military support service to the UK’s Army Air Corps and the Royal Airforce.
We are proud of the military support we undertake on behalf of the Armed Services and the UK’s Ministry of Defence. Either working directly or with partners, our aims are to use our civilian aviation knowledge and experience to cost effectively sustain civil aircraft in Military service and to deliver intelligent support to fixed and rotary wing platforms via our MAOS and DAOS approvals.
With a widely experienced workforce operating out of Fairoaks, Farnborough and our other UK and overseas operating locations our aim is to:
- Maximise aircraft availability and assure airworthiness.
- Enhance longevity of operational assets in a cost effective, safe & resilient way.
- Apply our civilian knowledge of specialist areas such as avionics and business airframes such as the Beechcraft King Air
- Fulfil critical urgent operational requirements.
Current military support projects in the public domain include:
- Updating avionics packages for the Army’s Gazelle helicopter platform. A project that has exploited our DAOS/MAOS capability and excellent knowledge of civilian avionics systems.
- Enabling the MOD’s Shadow program, utilising our knowledge of the Beechcraft King Air airframe.
- Upgrades to the avionics packages in the RAF’s Grob trainers.
- An airworthiness review with Atkins of the entire Royal Air Force fleet
- External pods for the German Army’s CH 53 helicopter fleet.
In addition to our DAOS/MAOS, EASA and FAA 145 approvals we also hold:
- ISO certification.
- A Chief of Defence Materiel (CDM) award.
Military support includes:
- Base maintenance
- Line maintenance & mobile line maintenance
- 24/7 AOG support
- Avionics upgrades
- NVIS and night vision support systems
- Aircraft re-role & special mission modifications
- Continued airworthiness consultancy
- Parts purchase
- Engineer training
Our Head of Design, describes our Part 21J design capability and how it is helping private and fleet owners extend the life of their aviation assets.
Our Head of Engineering Design discusses the use of intelligent design techniques to speed up the design process and production process