/ Position: IOS Developer – Airops Software
/ Location: Farnborough Airport
/ Salary: Dependent on Experience
The developer’s main role is to ensure development work carried out is designed and coded to a high quality and within budget and timescales. This is to be achieved by ensuring best practice is maintained throughout with adherence to coding and departmental standards. The primary focus of this role is maintaining and enhancing our existing mobile products written in Xamarin (Native)
The developer is responsible for:
• Ensuring development work is coded and tested to a required standard before delivering to testers/development manager.
• Working closely with the .NET technical lead in all aspects of the design and development of solutions.
• Following the coding structures and patterns in place within the existing product range.
• Maintaining and resolving issues with all.NET programs alongside the other developers.
The developer’s success criteria include:
• Minimizing future coding related support issues including bugs.
• Maintaining a team ethic centred on the successful delivery of projects to agreed quality and timescale.
• Able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to understand customer requirements and work alongside the .NET technical lead and development manager in the delivery of applicable solutions.
• Self-motivated and driven to achieve professional success.
• Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic, prepared to go the “extra mile”.
• Good attention to detail.
• Appreciation of the bigger picture for end to end data communication between differing systems written within different technologies.
• Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative.
• Confident and able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
The technical skills required are:
• C# .NET, MVC, Entity Framework
• Xamarin Native
• SQL Server scripting and maintenance
• General Windows OS knowledge including IIS, services, registry etc.
• General network knowledge (HTTP, HTTPS server certificates etc.)
Further skills in addition but not essential are:
• NoSQL Databases, SQL Azure
• Web API
To apply for this position please email your current CV and covering letter to: [email protected]