/ Position: Health, Safety & Environment Manager
/ Location: Farnborough
/ Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 – dependent on experience
The Health, Safety & Environment Manager should be able to carry out the following functions:
- Maintain oversight and ensure compliance with UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation across all of Gama Aviation (UK) Ltd.’s UK companies.
- Manage and contribute to the Health, Safety & Environment implementation plan and budget.
- Facilitate Health, Safety and Environment Risk Management processes that should include hazard identification, risk assessment and risk mitigation ensuring that the Company is compliant with relevant Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Manage and contribute to the Audit program and subsequent related Findings and Improvements, including ensuring appropriate Preventative and Corrective Actions are implemented and effective.
- Work with managers on the practical application of Gama Aviation Health, Safety & Environment policy and procedures.
- Assist managers with Safety Cases/ Risk Assessments and develop Safe Systems of work with managers to ensure appropriate risk mitigation is implemented.
- Carry out Health, Safety & Environmental inspections and audits of the Company’s UK premises and activities.
- Collate incident/ accident reports and carrying out accident/ incident investigations.
- Assist managers with the organisation and delivery of internal and external Health, Safety & Environmental training courses.
- Manage the Health, Safety & Environment Advisor, Health, Safety & Environment Assistant and the Health, Safety & Environment Representatives allocating responsibilities as appropriate.
- Carry out such associated Health, Safety & Environmental duties which may arise, develop or be assigned by the Risk & Assurance Manager.
- Carry out reasonable ad-hoc assignments as required by Gama Aviation (UK) Ltd.
Person Specification for Health, Safety & Environment Manager
The Health, Safety & Environment Manager should possess:
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent level of qualification.
- Member of IOSH or IIRSM.
- Qualified and experienced auditor.
- Incident Investigation training.
- To be able to identify and work towards Continuous Improvement
- Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills.
- Proven ability to plan their workload whilst adhering to defined timescales with minimal supervision.
- To manage and lead a small team, ability to delegate and be an active team member.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic work environment covering a growing number of UK locations.
- Aviation/ Engineering experience an advantage but not a necessity.
Hours: The person appointed may be required to occasionally work outside of normal working hours and travel to other UK work bases. Ideally lives within 25 miles and 45 minute commute of Farnborough and must be eligible to work in the U.K. and undertake Security checks to meet Airport Security requirements.
Company Benefits include: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance. Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
To apply for this position please EMAIL your current CV to us stating the particular position you are interested in.