/ Position: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Project Manager (Fixed Term Contract 6 months)
/ Location: Farnborough Airport
/ Salary: Starting salary £55-60,000 per annum with excellent company benefits, 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays),
/ Job Description:
Gama Aviation Plc is a leading global business aviation services organisation that employs 1,300 people at 40 operating bases across four continents and operates 250 business aircraft.
Gama Aviation is committed to achieving compliance with the new GDPR and requires a full-time Project Manager to drive and coordinate preparations across the Group, ensuring readiness for a go-live of the new Regulation in 2018.
/ Reports to: Group Legal
/ Job purpose: To ensure preparations and readiness for go-live of new GDPR legislation.
/ Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead a comprehensive review of the Group’s readiness for GDPR requirements and develop a corresponding action plan to achieve compliance with all aspects of the Regulation, including Data Awareness, Data Holdings, Privacy Notices, Individuals’ Rights, Subject Access Requests, Legal Basis, Consent, Children’s Data, Data breaches, Privacy Impact Assessments, Data Protection Officers and International Operations.
- Project manage the implementation of the Group’s GDPR project, to ensure full compliance of all processes and procedures with GDPR by May 2018.
- Provide leadership of the project, coordinating the activities of all relevant Functions and Divisions to ensure schedule is maintained and the project’s objectives are met.
- Create and implement the required data protection policies and procedures, including data breach response and notification procedures.
- Assist with a data discovery exercise to identify all areas of data storage and potential data protection non-compliances.
- Review commercial agreements and contracts, including Data Processing agreements with data processors.
- Provide guidance to key Departments and Managers on the processing of personal data, their responsibilities and how to respond when data subjects exercise their rights.
- Develop and roll out a programme of staff awareness training to achieve compliance and foster a culture of data privacy within the organisation.
- Put in place Group-wide monitoring of compliance with the Regulations, with other EU or local data protection provisions and with the data protection policies. Create and maintain evidential records of compliance with current legislation and GDPR.
- Be the point of contact and co-operate with the ICO or equivalent geographical data protection regulators.
- Report on the project to the Project Board, covering progress, expenditure and risk management.
- Self-driven, proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimum support.
- Be able to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect and trust.
- Diligent with close attention to detail, as well as the ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient in stressful situations.
- Independently minded and logical.
- Full clean driving licence with ability to travel to other UK sites, plus occasional travel outside of the UK.
Location: Must live within commuting distance of the Group’s head office at Farnborough, where the role will be based.
Specific Job Skills:
A good working knowledge of current Data Protection and ePrivacy Legislation and substantial knowledge of EU GDPR having worked within a similar role previously. Must have an excellent working knowledge of the Data Protection Act (1998) along with an understanding of the implications of current proposals to strengthen European regulations.
Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint, along with Internet Explorer and Outlook email.
Salary and benefits: Starting salary £55-60,000 per annum with excellent company benefits, 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays
To apply for this position please email your current CV and covering letter to: [email protected]