/Position: Senior Accounts Assistant
/Location: Sharjah, UAE
/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Gama Aviation is looking for an experienced Accountant Assistant that will be responsible for the financial activities of the Ground Support business. The job holder is responsible for performing the invoicing for the FBO and Aviation maintenance activities, posting receipts on customer accounts and ensuring timing debt collection. In addition, they are responsible for ensuring direct costs are correctly posted in the ERP system ensuring accurate reporting of the Ground Company in the Management Accounts. Develop current systems to improve efficiency and the accuracy of the data.
- Provide financial support to management in the Ground company
- Management the FBO Accounts mailbox on a daily basis
- Raising invoices for Ground company on a daily basis and update the relevant records
- Ensure invoices are posted to the correct revenue and customer accounts in Sage
- Ensure all collections are matched to invoices on a daily basis to ensure correctness of the Customer statements
- Aged Debtors review and reporting
- Sending statement to clients
- Working with FBO and Maintenance Manager to ensure timely debt collection
- Responsible for checking supplier invoices before approval from managers
- Ensure FBO costs in the movement system are valid and accurate
- Support the FBO Manager in updating pricing and cost information in company systems
- Work with the Maintenance manager to ensure the correct stock valuation in Sage
- Monthly reporting of the revenue and direct costs for the Ground business, including the preparation of month end journals.
- Report to the ME financial controller Revenue and direct cost variances to budget
- Reconciliation and management of the FBO petty cash
- Support the ME Financial Controller as required, including but not limited to:
- Balance sheet Reconciliations
- Journal processing
- At least 5 years’ experience in the area of Finance
- Degree level or professional accounting qualification preferable but not essential.
- Confident individual with strong communication skills both verbally and in writing to interact with management, customer and vendors.
- Systems proficiency in Excel and general accounting and reporting software, Sage ideally, but not a pre-requisite.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger systems and procedures.
- Required to work with a high level of autonomy;
- Teamwork is the preferred way of working within Gama Aviation and this necessitates regular communication with staff from all departments of all levels.
- Experience with the Aviation Industry preferred
Applications to be submitted by 15th March 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.