/ Position: Trainee Operations Controller
/ Location: Farnborough
/ Salary: Competitive – up to £22,000 dependent on experience
/ Job Information:
Gama Aviation is currently recruiting a Trainee Operations Controller to join the busy Operations Department of our global aircraft management and charter operation.
We are looking for an individual who is driven, determined and excited by the opportunity to succeed as a Trainee Operations Controller in order to further their career and become an Operations Controller over a period of 6 months.
Reporting to the Operations Delivery Manager, you will be based within the Operations Department at our Farnborough Airport HQ in Hampshire.
Upon completion of initial training you will be responsible for flight and weather watch, and arranging fuel releases, whilst continuing to learn the Operations Controller role through training courses, and supported “on the job” training.
/ Main activities:
Over a 6-month period each Trainee Operations Controller will undergo a detailed orientation of operations, after which time they will move into a front line role of Operations Controller (upon successful completion of training).
Main activities will include:
- Developing a thorough knowledge of the operation
- Flight Watch
- Weather Watch
- Arranging fuel releases
- Handling requests and changes
- Assisting mentor will all general administrative tasks
During this period, you will be trained to work as a member of the Operations Department. You will have the support required to build your skills to a level which will offer a long and successful career as an Operations Controller in the Operations Department (and other operations related roles).
Training will be provided in the following areas:
- Company background
- General knowledge
- Daily tasks and priorities
- Ops systems
- Flight Planning
- Gama Group worldwide operations
/ Skills & experience.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management and VVIP clients (written and oral)
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships
- Experience of working in teams
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential
/ Desirable Attributes:
- Ambition for career development
- Enthusiasm for continually seeking better performance
- Patience and ability to deal with challenges
- Common sense
- Previous aviation experience or education to A Level standard
This is a permanent, full-time position, based at Farnborough Airport. The successful applicant will be required to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays and as such, should live within a suitable distance to ensure they are sufficiently rested for their duties.
Salary is dependent on experience (up to £22,000). After 6 months, on successful completion of training, the salary will rise to £25,000 and full Company Benefits including private healthcare will apply.
A training bond will apply to this position.
All staff must hold a valid UK driving licence and own their own vehicle.
In the first instance, please apply by EMAIL sending us an up to date CV and covering letter.
Upon successful completion of your training, you will embark on an exciting and varied career as an Operations Controller. Please find details of the Operations Controller role set out below:
/ Operations Controller
This role is integral to the operational structure we operate and the overall purpose is to deliver safe, efficient and timely aircraft services to our clients, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Operations Manual (OM), in conjunction with the Company Ground Operations Manual (GOM) and the regulations produced by the UK CAA and other applicable Regulatory Authorities under whose registers we operate aircraft.
/ With principal accountabilities for the following:
- The efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the OM
- Utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- UK Air Pilot
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
- Close liaison as required with the Engineering Department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability
- Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
- Assisting the Managerial team with activating Operational Procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch and Overdue Aircraft Programmes where applicable. These procedures form part of the Company’s Safety and Quality Management Manual
- Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to:
- Crew flight briefs
- Operational Flight plans, including airfield performance and airfield categorisation
- Flight Time Limitations (FTL) schemes
- To take responsibility for the daily workload and standards of the section of the operations team reporting to the Controllers position
- Action FTL compliance by implementation of daily crew duty checks and entry of planned pilot movements onto Airops aviation software system