/ Position: Chief Engineer Scotland
/ Location: Glasgow
/ Salary: Dependent on experience (to be discussed in full at interview)
We are continuing to invest in building a world class Turboprop maintenance business in Glasgow, this follows on from the development of new facilities at Glasgow airport. If you are interested in hearing more about our vacancies as well as about our plans for Glasgow then please get in touch.
/ The Role:
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the shop floor supervision of work in progress, as well as being an active member of the engineering team in the completion of aircraft maintenance. They are shop floor staffâ€™s first point of contact for enquiries relating to work in progress and actively uphold the company regulatory/safety & commercial practices in the completion of all work. The Chief Engineer is an active participant in the planning of future work and staff utilization, supporting the Base Maintenance Manager in maintaining a schedule for delivery of work. In addition the Chief Engineer deputises for the Base Maintenance Manager in their absence.
/ Essential Requirements:
- B1 licensed engineer with type rating on the Beechcraft KA200 and/or KA300 series.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to motivate others in reaching the highest levels of service and quality.
- A good working knowledge of company processes, procedures and expositions/manuals relevant to the completion of maintenance and commercial control.
- A working knowledge of EASA part 145 and its application in the workplace.
- In addition to the role of Chief Engineer, is an active member of the engineering team in carrying out licensed/unlicensed engineer revenue activity.
- Making regular contact with the BMM to update on progress and issues such that the BMM is fully aware of the status of work in progress.
- Ensuring that the utilization of available employee resources is effective in meeting the work schedule.
- Actively reviews timekeeping, absences and receipt of holiday requests elevating contentious issues when necessary.
- Coordinating the “through put” of work operations on the hangar floor.
- Promote, educate and intervene where necessary in the application of company regulatory, commercial and safety processes and procedures for the completion of current work.
- Promote reduction of audit findings by raising awareness of standards and where audit findings exist to assist the BMM in their closure and future prevention.
- Be an active member of the planning and scheduling team for current and future work
- Be familiar with the responsibilities and role of BMM enabling cover for the role when required during BMM absences.
- Monitoring the performance of engineers in consultation with the BMM in so much that future difficulties and problem areas can be recognized and corrective action taken.
- Monitoring of engineering staff timekeeping.
- Maintain discipline within their area of responsibility and in liaison with the BMM make recommendations for increase / decrease of resources as required.
Reports to: Base Maintenance Manager, Gama Aviation Engineering Limited, Farnborough
Based at: Glasgow
This is a full-time role (40 hours per week), offered on a permanent basis, so full company benefits apply.
Company Benefits include: Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance. Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to: [email protected]