/ Position: Chief Engineer – Fixed Wing
/ Location: Fairoaks
/ Salary: Excellent – (to be discussed fully at interview)
/ Job Information:
The Chief Engineer (Fixed Wing) is responsible for the shop floor supervision of work in progress, as well as being an active member of the engineering team in the completion of aircraft maintenance. They are shop floor staff’s first point of contact for enquiries relating to work in progress and actively uphold the company regulatory/safety & commercial practices in the completion of all work. The Chief Engineer is an active participant in the planning of future work and staff utilization, supporting the Base Maintenance Manager in maintaining a schedule for delivery of work. In addition the Chief Engineer (Fixed Wing) deputises for the Base Maintenance Manager in their absence.
/ Essential Requirements:
- B1 licensed engineer with type rating on at least one aircraft maintained at their place of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to motivate others in reaching the highest levels of service and quality.
- A good working knowledge of company processes, procedures and expositions/manuals relevant to the completion of maintenance and commercial control.
- A working knowledge of EASA part 145 and its application in the workplace.
/ The Role:
- In addition to the role the Chief Engineer, is an active member of the engineering team in carrying out licensed/unlicensed engineer revenue activity.
- Making regular contact with the BMM to update on progress and issues such that the BMM is fully aware of the status of work in progress.
- Ensuring that the utilisation of available employee resources is effective in meeting the work schedule.
- Coordinating the “through put” of work operations on the hangar floor.
- Promote, educate and intervene where necessary in the application of company regulatory, commercial and safety processes and procedures for the completion of current work.
- Promote reduction of audit findings by raising awareness of standards and where audit findings exist to assist the BMM in their closure and future prevention.
- Be an active member of the planning and scheduling team for current and future work
- Be familiar with the responsibilities and role of BMM enabling cover for the role when required during BMM absences.
- Monitoring the performance of engineers in consultation with the BMM in so much that future difficulties and problem areas can be recognised and corrective action taken.
- Monitoring of engineering staff timekeeping.
- Maintain discipline within their area of responsibility and in liaison with the BMM make recommendations for increase / decrease of resources as required.
Additional remuneration will take the form of a management supplement to your current salary dependent on experience.
Reports to: Base Maintenance Manager, Gama Aviation Engineering Limited, Fairoaks
Based at: Fairoaks (with occasional UK and overseas visits as required)
This is a full-time role (40 hours per week), offered on a permanent basis, so full company benefits apply.