/ Position: Business Development Manager
/ Location: Farnborough
/ Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 – dependent on experience
Gama Aviation (UK) Limited – Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director (UK Air) and working closely with the Commercial Manager, Business Managers and existing Account Managers, the BD Manager will be responsible for developing and closing new sales opportunities for Gama Aviation (UK) Ltd across the portfolio of services including Aircraft Management (private clients and major corporations) and Special Missions (Air Ambulance, Military, Governmental).
This exciting newly created role will be focusing on developing new clients, new markets and new service offerings in conjunction with the sales and marketing team and key members of the leadership team. The role encompasses the full gamut of sales and business development from generating new leads to writing proposals, closing contracts and developing strategies and sales plans to expand and grow the business.
On a day-to-day basis the role will involve seeking out opportunities across the UK and into mainland Europe to bring new aircraft under management (either privately or onto our AOC), to develop compelling proposal materials and work with colleagues and the clients to earn trust and respect in this highly competitive market.
The role requires a focus on both short to medium term opportunity development and closure but also a view on the medium to long term business development strategy to accomplish our ambitious growth targets. This will include analyzing market dynamics and our competitive position to develop sales campaigns and new market penetration plans in adjacent sectors.
- Aircraft Management Contracts (across the full range of business jet and turbo-prop aircraft from Beechcraft KingAir 200 through to BBJ including rotary operations).
- Special Mission capabilities including air ambulance and medical transportation, military support and governmental operations.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain thorough understanding of services offered by Gama Aviation UK
- Build sales strategy across this remit, predominantly by winning new accounts
- Engage with marketing department to generate effective and targeted marketing collateral
- Using network and market intelligence to generate and maintain likely market trends and competitor analysis to support market position strategy
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships whilst being aware of the varying customer cultures
- Proactively generate leads and sales opportunities
- Develop sales strategies, closure plan and commercial response to convert these opportunities to revenue to hit target OI number for year
- Maintain clear and accurate view of sales pipeline using Customer Resource Management tool ‘BASE’
- Generate forecast statements to reflect out-turn of sales by month, quarter and full year
- Generate win/loss analysis reports to inform future positioning strategy and bid development
- Be aware of the other services the Gama group of companies offer and identify potential secondary sales opportunities
Successful candidates must possess the following:
- A proven track record of successful sales and business development within Corporate / Business Aviation
- A broad knowledge of Business Aviation and associated support services
- Be prepared to accept responsibility and work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and maintain composure under pressure
- The ability to recognise and react to changing priorities
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and a desire to succeed
- Numerate with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Great Customer Relations skills preferably with a background in Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) but also an understanding of government procurement methods
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge and use of IT skills
- Excellent command of the English language, other languages a potential advantage
- Full driving license
Primary Facilities: Farnborough, UK. However, this role requires extensive travel within the UK and Europe with occasional visits overseas.
Company Benefits including Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, income protection, travel insurance and death in service.
To apply for this position please email your current CV to us stating the particular position you are interested in: [email protected]